ROAD AND TUNNEL CLOSURES:
Midtown tunnel closed from Friday at 8 PM to Monday at 5 PM (Use Downtown tunnel on I-264 as alternate route)
NAS Oceana will see road closures daily Friday-Sunday: see notes below.
Gilmerton Bridge 9:00 AM, Noon, 3:00 PM and 7:00 PM – M-F Daily – 9:00 AM & 3:00 PM Saturday and Sunday
Centerville Turnpike Bridge, Chesapeake: 7:45 AM
US-17/James River Bridge 9:00 AM
I-264 at Berkley Bridge in Norfolk 9:00 AM
LANE CLOSURE ON DOMINION BOULEVARD VETERANS BRIDGE
Dominion Blvd Veterans Bridge
Bridge maintenance work will close a single lane on the Dominion Blvd Veterans Bridge overnight on Thursday, September 8 from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. Friday morning. Motorists should be alert to work crews, equipment in the area and possible delays.
NORTH BATTLEFIELD BLVD SINGLE LANE CLOSURE
Southbound North Battlefield Blvd right-turn lane at Medical Pkwy
Through October 15
Continued utilities installation will keep the right-turn lane on southbound North Battlefield Blvd at Medical Pkwy closed through October 15. Motorists should be alert to work crews, equipment in the area and possible delays.
ERT WEEKLY CONSTRUCTION DOWNTOWN AND MIDTOWN TUNNELS: Friday, Sept. 2 to Friday, Sept. 9
Below is a list of significant tunnel/lane closures for the Elizabeth River Tunnels (ERT) Project. Due to the nature of construction, closure dates are subject to change. Visit our Travel Impacts page for current information and a more detailed listing of long-term temporary road closures.
U.S. 58 East: Full weekend tunnel closure from Friday, Sept. 9 at 8 p.m. through Monday, Sept. 12 at 5 a.m.
London Boulevard East/ U.S. 58: Full on-ramp closure Tuesday through Sunday, Sept. 6-11 from 7 p.m. each night until 5 a.m. the following morning.
I-264 East/ Frederick Boulevard: Full off-ramp closure Tuesday through Friday, Sept. 6-9 from 8 p.m. each night until 5 a.m. the following morning.
HAMPTON ROADS WEEKLY LANE CLOSURES REPORT: September 2, 2016 through September 9, 2016
- US-17 James River Bridge: Night-time single-lane closures southbound. One lane will remain open at all times:
- September 7-9 from 9 a.m. until 3 p.m.
- Terminal Boulevard Resurfacing, Norfolk: Full weeknight/weekend closures westbound as follows:
- Weekend of September 9-11: Westbound full closure from Friday at 8 p.m. until Monday at 5 a.m.
- Military Highway Continuous Flow Intersection, Norfolk: Alternating single-lane closures as follows. One lane will remain open at all times:
- September 6-Septemeber 10: Single-lane closures northbound from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. and from 7 p.m. until 5 a.m. the following morning on Military Highway between Lowery Road and the intersection Military Highway/Princess Anne Road.
- September 6-Septemeber 10: Alternating single-lane closures eastbound and westbound from 7 p.m. until 5 a.m. the following morning on Princess Anne Road between Cowand Avenue and the intersection of Military Highway.
- US-60 Eastbound/Westbound, James City County: Consecutive single-lane closures eastbound and westbound September 7-16 from 7 a.m. until 7 p.m. between Forge Road and Industrial Boulevard. One lane will remain open at all times.
- US-13 (Lankford Highway), Northampton County: Daytime single-lane closures northbound and southbound in Onley. One lane will remain open at all times:
- September 9 from as early as 7 a.m. until 12 p.m.
- Elizabeth River Tunnels/Martin Luther King, Jr. Freeway: Please check Elizabeth River Tunnels website for the latest closure and detour information regarding the Downtown Tunnel, Midtown Tunnel and the MLK Freeway.
- I-564 Intermodal Connector, Norfolk: Please check http://www.i564intermodal.com/ for the latest closure/detour information.
- George Washington Memorial Highway (Route 17), York County: Crews are widening the road between Route 630 (Wolf Trap Road) and Route 706 (Hampton Highway). Daytime single-lane closures, from 9 a.m.to 3 p.m. and weeknight single-lane closures, from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m. Expect traffic shifts and delays. For more about this project, please visit the Route 17 Widening website.
VIRGINIA BEACH: Temporary Road Closure for the NAS Oceana Air Show:
London Bridge Road between Central Drive and International Parkway
London Bridge Road will be temporarily closed to through traffic between Central Drive and International Parkway for the NAS Oceana Air Show from 12 noon to 4:30 p.m. on Thursday, September 8, 2016, and 3 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. daily on Friday, September 9, Saturday, September 10, and Sunday, September 11.
Absolutely no traffic will be allowed on the road during this time. Advanced warning signs will be posted advising motorists of the alternate routes.
VIRGINIA BEACH: Road Work on Indian River Road Started Monday the 15th
Virginia Beach Public Works has announced a roadway improvements project on Indian River Road will begin Monday, August 15, 2016. The project will begin at Speed Fentress Bridge and Indian River Road to North Landing Road, and will include milling, paving and pavement marking work.
Crews will be working in the evenings from 7 p.m. until 5 a.m. If any daytime work is needed, it will take place from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. If any weekend work is needed, the work hours will be from 7 a.m. until 5 p.m.
The project is scheduled to be completed by September 1, 2016.
NORFOLK: Military Highway Continuous Flow Intersection work northbound and southbound. Two lanes will remain open at all times: