One man injured in early morning house fire in Chesapeake

Posted at 1:09 PM, May 26, 2012
and last updated 2012-05-26 15:47:10-04

One man was transported to the hospital Saturday morning after his house caught fire in the 600 block of Sparrow Rd.

Chesapeake fire department spokesman Mike Thiebeault says when crews arrived shortly after 5:00am, there was heavy smoke coming from the attic and flames coming from the rear of the house.

Crews found an adult man during a search and rescue attempt. They rescued him from the house and medics treated him on the scene, then transported him to the hospital.

There were no other injuries.