News

Actions

Final report on deadly I-95 tour bus crash to be released

Default-Image_1280x720.png
Posted at 6:57 PM, Jul 30, 2012
and last updated 2012-07-30 18:57:55-04

Federal investigators are about to release their final report on a tour bus crash on I-95 that killed four passengers.

A National Transportation Safety Board official says the findings will be revealed at a board meeting in Washington on Tuesday.

At the same meeting, the agency will also announce new safety precautions instituted since the accident in May of last year.

The bus driver, Kin Yiu Cheung admitted he fell asleep at the wheel.

His trial on four counts of involuntary manslaughter is set to begin in November.

The dispatcher who he says told him he would be fired if he didn't take the shift is facing similar charges.