News

Actions

Fire Marshal: Suffolk house fire ruled accidental

Default-Image_1280x720.png
Posted at 8:33 PM, Sep 18, 2012
and last updated 2012-09-18 20:33:44-04

NewsChannel 3 has learned new details about a house fire that occurred over the weekend.

Firefighters say 61-year-old James Allen was inside the home in the 4400 block of Swansea Circle when it caught fire.

He was sent to the hospital and there's no word on how badly he was hurt.

The fire marshal is calling this accidental and says it started when a person next door to Allen was working on a car.

That vehicle caught fire and it spread to the house that Allen was in.