MANNS HARBOR — The North Carolina Department of Transportation’s Ferry Division will continue to offer extra departures from each side on its Swan Quarter-Ocracoke route this weekend, Nov. 9 through Nov. 11, to accommodate traffic demand. The extra weekend runs will continue until NC 12 reopens north of Rodanthe and the emergency ferry route is deactivated.
The additional departures for weekends (Friday-Sunday) include:
- Departing Swan Quarter at 7 a.m. and 1 p.m.; and
- Departing Ocracoke at 10 a.m. and 4 p.m.
- As a reminder, the regular fall schedule on the Pamlico Sound for Monday through Thursday is:
- Departing Cedar Island and Ocracoke at 7:30 a.m., 10, 1 p.m. and 4;
- Departing Swan Quarter at 10 a.m. and 4 p.m.; and
- Departing Ocracoke to Swan Quarter at 7 a.m. and 12:30 p.m.
Ferry reservations can be made online at www.ncferry.org or by calling 800-293-3779 (BY-FERRY) and pressing 2. Ferry information is available via Twitter at www.twitter.com/ncdot_ferry.