Hampton house fire ruled accidental

Posted at 8:23 AM, Jan 02, 2013
and last updated 2013-01-02 14:03:47-05

Hampton, Va. – On Wednesday morning, Hampton crews responded to reports of a house fire, located in the first block of Fall Meadow Court in Hampton.

The call came in around 8 a.m. Wednesday, January 2, 2013. Officials tell NewsChannel 3 it was a small fire, which was quickly contained. They say the home was undergoing renovations, so nobody was living there at the time of the fire. Firefighters say there was something smoldering in the attic. They quickly responded, containing the fire.

The cause of the fire has been ruled as accidental. Fire crews say the wiring in the attic was faulty. They say neighbors saw the smoke, and dialed 911 for help. 

Watch NewsChannel 3 for updates as they are released.