Update: The gas leak that was reported in Suffolk has now been fixed. The library has now re-opened.
Suffolk, Va. – Suffolk Fire & Rescue and Suffolk Police report that they were on the scene of a gas leak in the area of the Morgan Memorial Library located at 443 West Washington Street. The leak has now been fixed.
The library was evacuated but it has now re-opened.
A contractor had been performing work at that location and the police were notified that a gas line had been damaged at approximately 9:47 a.m.
Crews from Virginia Natural Gas were called out to the scene.