Norfolk, Va. – A firefighter was treated for heat exhaustion during a house fire at 100 West Leicester Street.
He was taken to the hospital for evaluation and was considered stable when he left the scene.
Smoke and flames were visible when crews arrived. They were able to quickly extinguish the fire but crews continued to battle hot spots afterward.
West Leicester from Granby Street to the 200 block will be shutdown until approximately 5:30 p.m.
Crews say the roofing contractor accidentally set the home on fire.