News

Actions

Fire at Virginia Beach restaurant ruled accidental

Default-Image_1280x720.png
Posted at 7:16 AM, May 15, 2013
and last updated 2013-05-15 11:42:45-04

Virginia Beach, Va. – Firefighters responded to the scene of a restaurant fire Wednesday morning in Virginia Beach, officials tell NewsChannel 3.

The call came in at 5:16 a.m. Crews responded to the Red Lobster restaurant, located on Independence Boulevard between Pembroke Boulevard and Witchduck Road.

The scene has been cleared. Virginia Beach Fire Department Spokesperson Amy Valdez says the cause of the fire is accidental in nature – improperly discarded smoking material outside.

Stay with NewsChannel 3 for updates.