News

Actions

Seven displaced after fire at Hampton home

Default-Image_1280x720.png
Posted at 4:13 PM, Jul 29, 2013
and last updated 2013-07-29 19:48:32-04

Hampton, Va. – Crews were on the scene of a house fire on Powhatan Parkway in Hampton where seven people, two adults and five children, have been displaced.

When units arrived on the scene, they reported seeing heavy fire showing from the home. Officials say the fire was caused by unattended cooking. A skillet caught fire and involved the cabinets and spread from there.

The home sustained moderate to severe damage and some fire did get into the attic.

No one was injured officials tell NewsChannel 3.

The working smoke detector alerted the family to the fire and they were able to get out.

Crews put the fire out in about 20-25 minutes.

The family will be assisted by the Red Cross.