Chesapeake, Va. – One adult and six children are without a home after a fire damaged a home in the Bowers Hill area of the Chesapeake.
Crews were called to the 4000 block of Sloop Trail just before 7:30 p.m. on Tuesday.
Units were on the scene moments later and they found the second floor of the townhome on fire.
It took fire crews 20 minutes to put the fire out.
Officials say the home is now uninhabitable.
No one was injured, and now the Red Cross is assisting the family.
Crews believe an unattended candle may have been the cause.