News

Actions

UPDATE: Electrical fan problem causes Portsmouth house fire

Default-Image_1280x720.png
Posted at 6:45 AM, Oct 21, 2013
and last updated 2013-10-21 13:28:21-04

Portsmouth, Va. - Three people escaped unhurt from a house fire in Portsmouth early Monday morning.

Crews received the call about the blaze in the 4000 block of Caroline Avenue at 3:49 a.m.

The fire is now under control.

The cause of the fire has been determined as an electrical fan motor malfunction, officials say. Three adults were living there; all escaped without injury.

Stay with NewsChannel 3 for updates.