Fire crews from James City County, James City – Bruton and York County responded to a structure fire on Sunday night at 7:22 p.m. in the 3800 block of Fox Run.
The caller told authorities that the entire side of the house was on fire. Units arrived to find the home heavily involved with fire through the roof and on the left side.
Crews were able to knock down the bulk of the fire and it was deemed under control by 8:00 p.m.
Units remained on the scene for several hours to conduct salvage and overhaul operations. Damages included heavy fire and heat and smoke damage to the structure.
No one was injured. A dog that the owner was unable to get out of the home was found inside alive and uninjured.
The residents of the home were displaced and the Red Cross were on scene to assist them.
The James City County Fire Marshal’s office was on the scene to conduct an origin and cause investigation. They have determined that this fire was accidental due to unattended smoking materials.