News

Actions

One person transported, two cats die in Norfolk garage fire

Promo-Image_960x720.png
Posted at 6:07 PM, Nov 25, 2013
and last updated 2013-11-25 23:39:40-05

Norfolk, Va. - Two cats died and one person has been taken to the hospital after a fire at a Norfolk home on Monday.

This happened at a two-story home in the 1300 block of S. Braden Crescent. Emergency officials were called at around 4:35 p.m. about the incident.

When they arrived, they say there was heavy smoke and flames showing from an attached garage. Two people were able to get out safely. One person was taken to Norfolk Sentara General. He is now being evaluated for smoke inhalation.

They say five animals were also inside of the house, three cats and two dogs.

Two of the cats were found dead, one dog got out of the home as well as one of the cats. They are still looking for the other dog.

Officials say there was heavy fire damage done to the garage. Due to the smoke damage, the house is considered uninhabitable.

The fire was ruled accidental due to something electrical in nature officials say.

There were smoke alarms inside of the home but they were not working.

No one was injured.