Hampton, Va. - Crews put out a fire at a Hampton home on Wednesday evening.
The fire occurred in the 3800 block of Shell Road near LaSalle Avenue.
A person inside of the home was able to get out before crews arrived.
Fire crews say the home was heavily damaged by the fire and smoke in the kitchen, dining room, and family room. Other parts of the home received heat and smoke damage. They extinguished the fire within 20 minutes.
A rabbit and a lizard were killed in the fire.
One adult is being treated for injuries.
Most of the damage was done to the rear of the home.
The fire is still under investigation.