News

Actions

Two displaced after kitchen fire in Suffolk

Default-Image_1280x720.png
Posted at 4:39 PM, Dec 26, 2013
and last updated 2013-12-26 16:39:20-05

Suffolk Fire and Rescue responded to a fire in a home in the 200 block of Raleigh Avenue on Thursday afternoon around 1:45 p.m.

Crews arrived to find smoke showing. It was determined that the cooking stove/oven was on fire with flames extending from the over.

The fire was under control at 1:53 p.m. Damage was restricted to the kitchen.

One adult and one child were displaced as a result. They will be assisted by relatives. No one was injured.