UPDATE: Firefighters found no gas leak at the school. A caller had reported a gas odor before school started at 7:55 a.m. on Friday morning. Crews on scene found nothing. Those who were at the school at the time of the call were evacuated as a precautionary measure. Firefighters have deemed the building safe, and have allowed everyone to go back inside. Classes started on time.
Chesapeake, Va. – A gas leak was reported Friday morning at Deep Creek Central Elementary School in Chesapeake, according to police dispatch.
That’s on Shipyard Road.
A citizen called the fire department, reporting a gas odor.
A spokesperson for the school says students are in class and everything is cleared. It happened before students arrived, so no classes were disrupted.
Stay with NewsChannel 3 for updates.