News

Actions

Three people, two cats and a dog displaced by condo fire in Virginia Beach

Default-Image_1280x720.png
Posted at 3:42 PM, Jan 26, 2014
and last updated 2014-01-26 15:42:17-05

Virginia Beach, Va. – Three adults and their pets were displaced by a fire in their condominium on Adkins Arch Sunday morning.

Fire units arrived at 10:55am and declared the fire out at 11:13.

The building sustained moderate fire damage to the first floor and extensive smoke damage throughout the first and second floor.

Three people were able to escape the condo on their own, one was treated on the scene for smoke inhalation but refused transportation to a hospital.

Firefighters also rescued two cats and a dog from the unit.

The cause of the fire was ruled accidental, caused by cooking.