Gas line damaged near Portsmouth assisted living facility

Posted at 11:22 AM, Mar 27, 2014
and last updated 2014-03-27 11:22:20-04

Portsmouth, Va. - A gas line was damaged Thursday morning in Portsmouth, according to officials with Columbia Gas of Virginia.

The gas leak was reported shortly after 9 a.m. in the 3000 block of Cedar Lane.

A six inch gas line was damaged.

The gas involving that line was shut off, Columbia officials say, but customers were not affected.

No injuries have been reported.

Repairs will be done today, and officials will be able to determine a cause of the damage.

There were no evacuations at the Churchland House, which is a nearby assisted living facility for seniors.

Stay with NewsChannel 3 for updates.