Four people without home after kitchen fire in Suffolk

Posted at 5:07 PM, Sep 15, 2014
and last updated 2014-09-15 17:07:30-04

Suffolk, Va. – Three adults and one juvenile have been displaced after a kitchen fire in Suffolk on Monday.

This happened in the 4300 block of Nansemond Parkway in the Driver area.

Calls came in at around 2 p.m. and firefighters arrived and saw smoke coming from the eaves of the brick ranch.

The fire started in the kitchen and spread to the attic. One person was home at the time. He was able to get out before crews arrived.

No one was injured. The fire was ruled accidental.