News

Actions

Firefighter and resident taken to hospital after fire at Newport News complex

Default-Image_1280x720.png
Posted at 4:22 PM, Sep 26, 2014
and last updated 2014-09-26 16:22:49-04

Newport News, Va. – A firefighter and a resident had to be taken to the hospital an accidental fire at a Newport News apartment complex on Friday afternoon.

This happened in the 100 block of Eva Court. Dispatchers received calls about this at 1:29 p.m. and crews were on the scene at 1:33 p.m.

When they arrived, they found smoke and fire coming from a downstairs unit. They started to knock the fire down inside and they also searched for anyone inside.

They were able to get the fire  under control by 2:17 p.m.

Four units had smoke damage and the apartment where the flames started also had fire damage as well.

One person has been displaced but they did not request help from the American Red Cross.