One person hospitalized after fire at Norfolk apartment

Posted at 11:37 PM, Oct 15, 2014
and last updated 2014-10-16 05:52:43-04

Norfolk, Va. - One person was taken to the hospital after a fire broke out inside of a Norfolk home.

Units were on the scene at 9632 Sherwood Place at around 10:10 p.m. on Wednesday.

When fire crews arrived, they found smoke coming from the apartment.

Everyone was able to get out and they were allowed back inside afterward.

They say this was a kitchen fire that started on the bottom floor.

No injuries have been reported.