Monday morning fire causes damage to Hampton home

Posted at 11:15 AM, Oct 20, 2014
and last updated 2014-10-20 11:15:12-04

A Hampton home was damaged by a fire Monday morning.

Fire crews responded to the 3300 block of Pershing Court at 7:02 a.m. and found heavy smoke coming from the front of the home. The fire was extinguished shortly after they arrived.

The fire was inside the kitchen and caused damage to the stove, cabinets and vent piping. There was smoke damage throughout the house as well.

All occupants of the house were outside before firefighters arrived. No one was injured. The fire was accidental.

The occupants have requested assistance from the Red Cross.