City Line Foods Manufacturing Co. is recalling approximately 1,196,669 pounds of frozen pretzel hot dog products due to misbranding and undeclared allergens, the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) announced Saturday. The products contain soy lecithin, a known allergen which is not declared on the product label.
The pretzel dogs were produced on various dates from February 14, 2014 to November 14, 2014. The following products are subject to recall:
• “Auntie Anne’s All Beef Classic Pretzel Dogs.
• “Auntie Anne’s Fundraising Pretzel Dogs.”
• “West Creek Black Angus Beef Pretzel Dogs.”
• “Kunzler Pretzel Dogs.”
• “Kunzler Turkey Pretzel Dogs.”
• “Berks All Beef Pretzel Franks.”
• “Nathan’s Famous Pretzel Dogs.”
• “City Line Foods Pretzel Dogs.”
The products subject to recall bear the establishment number “EST. or P-34073” inside the USDA mark of inspection. These products produced were shipped nationwide for retail distribution and fundraising. According to the USDA, this recall does not affect Auntie Anne’s pretzel stores found in malls, airports and other venues nationwide.