Several people hospitalized after carbon monoxide exposure at Suffolk warehouse

Posted at 4:33 PM, Nov 20, 2014
and last updated 2014-11-21 06:51:16-05

UPDATE: Nine people were in Sentara Obici Hospital for observation. Medical officials say they expect them to all be released. 

Fire crews stayed on the scene as the facility was ventilated. They will return on Friday morning to check the air quality before reopening. Twenty-four employees were evacuated from the Ark Group Warehouse. 

Suffolk, Va. - Thirteen people are being treated after officials say they were exposed to carbon monoxide at a Suffolk warehouse on Thursday.

This happened in the 1000 block of Obici Industrial Blvd.

Calls came in at 2:09 p.m. about a person who was unconscious.

When crews arrived, they transported eight individuals and five went in personal vehicles.

Officials say they were exposed to carbon monoxide that was caused by forklifts that were running inside. They closed the building off due to the cold weather.

The injuries are not considered life threatening officials tell NewsChannel 3.

Stay with NewsChannel 3 for more updates.