One transported for possible smoke inhalation after fire in Hampton

Posted at 10:17 PM, Nov 26, 2014
and last updated 2014-11-26 22:17:44-05

Hampton, Va. – One person had to be taken to the hospital for possible smoke inhalation after a house fire in Hampton on Wednesday.

This happened in the 1300 block of Bethel Avenue.

When crews arrived, they saw smoke at the front door and from the eaves of the roof on one side of the home.

Officials say this was caused by unattended cooking and the damage was confined to the kitchen.

The home did not have any structural damage.