Detached RV and garage destroyed in Chesapeake fire

Posted at 9:27 PM, Jan 07, 2015
and last updated 2015-01-07 21:27:03-05

Chesapeake, Va. – A detached garage and an RV were destroyed after a fire in Chesapeake on Wednesday.

This happened in the 2300 block of Wildwood Road. Firefighters were called to the location at 6:54 p.m.

When they arrived, they found heavy fire coming from a detached garage. Flames were extending to a recreation vehicle that was nearby.

No one was injured and no other units sustained damage.

The fire was out by 8:04 p.m.  Officials believe the fire may have been caused by an unattended wood stove inside of the garage.