Fire in portable classroom at Cox High School said to be accidental

Posted at 10:27 PM, Jan 21, 2015
and last updated 2015-01-22 23:40:02-05

Virginia Beach, Va. - Crews were on the scene of a fire at Cox High School in Virginia Beach on Wednesday night.

Officials say the portable classroom was heavily involved when they arrived after a passerby saw the flames and called in the fire. The fire was under control by 10:22 p.m.

Classes resumed on Thursday with classes scheduled for this particular room moved to another part of the school.

School officials say the classroom was used for Health and Driver's Education.

Officials say the cause of the fire was accidental, but they are not sure of the exact reason.