Job Title: Photojournalist/Editor
Station: WTKR TV3 Norfolk, VA
Reports To: News Operations Manager, News Director
Purpose/reason for this Position:
The primary responsibility for the News Photojournalist/Editor is to gather and present stories for all daily newscasts.
- Work as a photographer on an assigned daily basis; gathering news stories, by shooting and editing those stories; then archive those stories
- Work with reporters, editors, producers to ensure factual, professional report.
- To present those stories by a variety of methods; on tape, live from remote sights or other ways as indicated by the show producers.
- To operate and maintain all assigned ENG equipment, including camera, editing, microwave truck, satellite truck, any and all other live technology.
- To operate and maintain assigned news vehicle.
- Contribute to social media and wtkr.com with information, pictures, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS;
Experience with Final Cut Pro 10 and ENG cameras helpful. Minimum 1 year experience in broadcasting or related field.
Dexterity to operate camera, VTR, etc. Ability to lift 100 pounds or more, as needed, of equipment consisting of camera, tripods, batteries, etc. Ability to get into nooks, crannies, and high places to shoot video. Works in all kinds of weather conditions.
WTKR WGNT TV is an Equal Opportunity Employer