Suffolk home destroyed in fire caused by electrical issue

Posted at 6:38 AM, Apr 28, 2015

Suffolk, Virginia – A home in the 2800 block of Copeland Road was destroyed by fire Monday night.

Suffolk Fire and Rescue was dispatched to the home around 11:00pm to find the house fully involved and flames shooting through the roof.

The woman who lived in the home made it out before firefighters arrived. She was treated for non-life threatening injuries at the scene.

No firefighters were injured.

The home is a total loss and the woman is being assisted by the Red Cross.

The cause of the fire was determined to be electrical in nature.

Responding units included Battalion 1, Engines 1 and 2, Ladder 3, Rescue 1, EMS 1, Tanker 1, Medic 8A, and Tanker 8, which was staffed by the Whaleyville Volunteer Fire Department.  The Holland Volunteer Fire Department also had another Tanker available if needed.