News

Actions

Fire from unattended cooking destroys Chesapeake home

Promo-Image_960x720.png
Posted at 5:46 PM, Jun 02, 2015
and last updated 2015-06-03 06:06:10-04

Chesapeake, Va. – A family of four is now without a home after their house was destroyed in a fire in Chesapeake on Tuesday.

This happened in the Deep Creek section of the city in the 900 block of Guenevere Court.

Firefighters were called out to the scene at 3:49 p.m.

They arrived just minutes later and found the home consumed with heavy smoke coming from the one story home.

They were able to put out the flames by 4:06 p.m.

It was contained to the kitchen area where it started.

Officials say the fire was caused by unattended cooking.

No one was injured and the Red Cross has been contacted to help the family.