Norfolk, Va. -The African American Male Focus group invites people to Fathers in Touch on Saturday, June 20.
The event will take place at 975 Bagnall Road Norfolk, VA 23504 (Calvert Square Field) from 9 AM – 1 PM.
The festival will celebrate and acknowledge the importance of fathers and the critical role they play in the lives of children. FIT Father’s Day Festival objectives are to share information, positive experiences, and explore ways to get and keep fathers engaged with their children, and promote mentoring.
This year’s event will focus on health and wellness.
Participants will have an opportunity to partake in physical activity challenges, food and nutrition mini seminars, gardening for healthy meal preparation, and various fitness activities such as yoga, walking/running, dancing and playing.
Event Highlights include:
- “Eat this, not that”, with Chef
- Personal Training with Mike, “The Fitness Junkie”
- Healthier Me; Juicing with James
- “I Use to be able to”, Recovery for athletes with AAMF
- Resource Network, with Mr. Barnes, and Mr. Jones of COTS
- Real Talk, Advocacy for Second Chances
- Health Screenings, board games, basketball, soccer, meal from the grill and more