Firefighter hurt putting out flames at Travelodge on Oceanfront; ruled accidental

Posted at 4:31 PM, Jul 21, 2015
and last updated 2015-07-23 11:14:37-04

Virginia Beach, Va. - Crews were sent out to a fire at the Travelodge  Suites on the Virginia Beach Oceanfront.

This was located in the 2800 block of Atlantic Avenue.

One firefighter was treated for minor injuries.

The fire has now been ruled accidental.  Combustible materials on top of a burner on the kitchen stove of a downstairs unit caused the fire.

Stay with NewsChannel 3 for more updates.