Six people displaced after dryer fire at Hampton home

Posted at 9:34 AM, Jul 28, 2015
and last updated 2015-07-28 09:40:44-04

Hampton, Va. – Four adults and two children were assisted by the Red Cross Monday night after a dryer fire at their Hampton home.

The fire in the 1100 block of Gatling Drive was reported at 10:22pm. When crews arrived, they found smoke and fire coming from the rear of the home.

All occupants had safely left the home before firefighters arrived, and crews were able to contain and extinguish the fire in less than 30 minutes.

The residence sustained moderate to heavy fire damage to the rear of the structure where the fire started in a small detached laundry room.