Job Title: Facilities Engineer, Part-time
Reports to: VP of Engineering
Purpose/reason for this Position: The primary focus of the Facilities Engineer is upkeep of the studio building and facilities. Broadcast engineering has become a very IT-centric field, so candidates with a good grasp of network and control basics are preferred.
Core Job Functions:
- Coordinate with contract electricians, HVAC maintenance personnel, plumbers, and construction crews on large projects.
- Install and maintain electrical wiring, repair and replace fluorescent lighting, perform minor plumbing and HVAC repairs; maintain building interior and exterior with carpentry, painting, and masonry skills.
- Oversee grounds keeping, HVAC, and janitorial contractors in day-to-day operations; maintain stock of building supplies.
- Responsible for fire safety procedures and preparation for insurance inspections.
- Install new broadcast gear & network equipment in racks and workstations. Run and terminate network, video, RF and control cabling as necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Knowledge Skills & Abilities:
Knowledge of basic electronics, carpentry, plumbing. Work experience in TV, cable or radio preferred but not required. Must possess a valid State Driver’s License (or be able to get one).
High School diploma or equivalency degree. Associates or Bachelors degrees in Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering preferred. At least two years work experience preferred.
Good eyesight and manual dexterity for the repair and use of electronic equipment. Ability to lift up to 100+ pounds and climb ladders, as needed.
Statement about Other Duties: The foregoing is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all functions essential to the job for which the employee is responsible, nor an exhaustive list of the minimum requirements and specifications necessary to perform the essential functions, including all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different functions be performed when circumstances change or exigencies require it.
Submit Resume: email@example.com, 720 Boush Street, Norfolk, VA 23510
WTKR-TV is an Equal Opportunity Employer