News

Actions

Kitchen fire displaces three families early Sunday morning

Default-Image_1280x720.png
Posted at 11:46 AM, Sep 06, 2015
and last updated 2015-09-06 13:07:43-04

Chesapeake, Va. – An early morning kitchen fire has displaced three families in the Portlock section of Chesapeake.

Chesapeake Fire Chief Gulisano says the fire started around 1:40 a.m. in the kitchen of one apartment in the 1000 block of Libertyville Road and quickly spread to the attic area. The fire has been attributed to cooking.

Crews were able to gain control of the blaze by 2:11 a.m.

The three displaced families are staying with relatives.