News

Actions

Family of four escapes house fire in Hampton

Default-Image_1280x720.png
Posted at 10:05 AM, Sep 29, 2015
and last updated 2015-09-29 10:57:28-04

Hampton, Va. – A family of four is safe after a fire tore through their two story home on Monday.

Hampton Division of Fire and Rescue responded to a call about at kitchen fire in the 1500 block of Mark Drive on September 28 at around 8:00 p.m.

When officials arrived, they reported heavy smoke and fire coming from the first and second floors.

The four residents who were home when the fire started left the house when they smelled smoke.

The fire was contained and extinguished in about 30 minutes.

Officials say that there were no working smoke alarms in the home at the time of the fire.

The fire was determined to be accidental and caused by unattended cooking.

The American Red Cross was called to assist the four people displaced by the fire.

There were no reported injuries.