News

Actions

Jones Magnet Middle School relocates students after small bathroom fire

Default-Image_1280x720.png
Posted at 12:42 PM, Oct 08, 2015
and last updated 2015-10-08 14:22:55-04

Hampton, Va. – Jones Magnet Middle school evacuated students to Kecoughtan High School after a fire in a restroom.

The school moved students to the Kecoughtan High auditorium because of lingering smoke.

Parents picked their child(ren) up at Kecoughtan High auditorium, which is located on the left side of the building.

“The line to pick up our kids has been very organized and informative,” said one parent.

Parents in line waiting to pick up their kids (Photo: Elise Cerella)

Parents in line waiting to pick up their kids (Photo: Elise Cerella)

Hampton City Schools says the Jones students are safe.

School officials asked for those picking up kids to bring a picture I.D.