Early morning fire in Chesapeake displaces woman

Posted at 10:20 AM, Nov 08, 2015
and last updated 2015-11-08 10:20:04-05

Chesapeake, Va. – A fire blazed through a Chesapeake woman’s home early Sunday morning.

Emergency Dispatchers sent crews to the 1200 block of Algona Road around 2:15 a.m.

When they arrived to the one-story, single-family home they saw heavy flames spewing from the kitchen and living room. Fire crews were able to contain the fire to just those areas, but Captain Saunders with Chesapeake Fire says smoke damage was sustained throughout the rest of the home.

No injuries were reported.

The fire is currently under investigation.