WTKR (CBS) in Norfolk is looking for someone who has a passion for news, loves to showcase content, is aggressive with breaking news coverage and ready to be an Assistant News Director!
This person will help lead a growing station and help drive the editorial content for all WTKR/WGNT newscasts. This means constantly mentoring our reporters and producers as they generate memorable content for all of our platforms: websites, mobile devices, social networking sites and local news broadcasts.
Qualified candidate must have excellent writing skills and news judgement as well as know what it takes to craft a successful newscast that appeals to our viewers.
This is a senior management position, perfect for the aspiring news director.
- Be able to shine at showcasing our content whether it’s a special project or daily news.
- Manage and coordinate all aspects of newsroom operation with direct responsibility to staff scheduling, special projects and special events.
- Participate in the hiring, training, and performance evaluation.
- Ensures quality news, sports and weather presentation through consistent writing and graphics.
- Oversees pre-planning for news specials and special assignments and works closely with executive producers to ensure aggressive, competitive and compelling newscasts.
- Creates and coordinates editorial projects across corporate lines. Assists in developing overall editorial and promotional strategy to increase ratings.
This position requires an undergraduate degree in journalism or equivalent coursework. Minimum of 7 years newscast producing, reporting and/or assignment desk management experience required. Previous management experience is a must. Also must demonstrate proven track record at guiding a successful news operation.
WTKR NewsChannel 3 is owned by the Tribune Media Company. Candidates MUST apply at www.tribunemedia.com.