News

Actions

Two women taken to hospital after grease fire damages Norfolk home

Default-Image_1280x720.png
Posted at 10:43 PM, Dec 15, 2015
and last updated 2015-12-16 10:56:38-05

Norfolk, Va. – Two women were taken to the hospital for smoke inhalation after a fire damaged a Norfolk home on Tuesday night.

Units were dispatched out to the 3000 block of Peronne Avenue at around 9: 46 p.m.

When they arrived, they found the grease fire on the stove.

The fire was out in minutes.

The residents will have to find a new place to stay.

They say the home did not have working smoke detectors.