Elizabeth City, NC – A mother and four children were displaced from their Elizabeth City home after a fire Sunday evening, according to the Elizabeth City Fire Department.
Crews were called to the 200 block of West Cypress Street on Sunday morning around 11:30 a.m.
Upon arrival, firefighters were met with heavy fire coming from the second floor of the home.
No one was home at the time of the fire. No one was injured.
It is believed that the fire was caused by an electrical malfunction.
The five residents will be assisted by the Red Cross.