Newport News, Va. – 24 people have been arrested in a prostitution sweep in Newport News.
Members of the Police Department’s Organized Crime Division, patrol officers, detectives and non-governmental partners participated in the Cook County Illinois Sheriff’s Office “National Day of Johns Arrests” by conducting undercover prostitution operations over a two day period.
The prostitution operations were conducted in the central area of the city over the evenings of January 29th and February 5th. The two day sweep involved operations on the streets, in hotels and via the internet.
Due to ongoing investigations into sex trafficking, the identity of a 24-year-old woman from Lynchburg who was arrested for prostitution will not be released by police.
The name of the hotels involved will not be released for investigative reasons.
Each of the following men were charged with solicitation of prostitution:
- Bertram O’Brian Hardnet, 30, of the block 13300 block of De Wald Circle in Newport News
- Antonio Denzel Knox, 23, of the 14500 block of Old Courthouse Way in Newport News
- Troy Hayden Latta, 19, of the 400 block of Derry Court in Newport News. Latta was also charged with distribution of marijuana.
- Antoni Lamarr Thomas, 39, of the 900 block of John Rolfe Drive in Smithfield
- Daniel Enrique Zeledon-Linares, 21, of the 7600 Crestview Drive in Toano
- Candido Lopez-Diaz, 54, of the 8900 block of Stratford Street in Norfolk
- Mohammad Eftekharjou, 28, of the 700 block of 50th Street in Norfolk
- Luis Emicente-Isita, 29, of the 1100 block of Oriana Road in Yorktown. Emicente-Isita was also charged with driving without a license.
- Shaquille Antoine Keyes, 22, of the 2000 block of Brians Lane in Suffolk. Keyes was also charged with possession of marijuana.
- Gary Charles Kidder Jr., 40, of the first block of Crutchfield Drive in Newport News
- Christopher Robert Mears, 39, of the 200 block of Rivers Ridge Circle in Newport News
- Victor Morales-Perez, 27, of the 2400 block of Woodshire Circle in Chesapeake
- Elias Nzebele, 27, of the 400 block of Thorncliff Drive in Newport News
- Christopher Mark Sershon, 28, of the 200 block of Mtg House Station Square in Herndon, VA. Sershon was also charged with concealed weapon.
- Unique James Wilkins, 35, of the 100 block of Haverford Court in Hampton. Wilkins was also charged with possession of cocaine, distribution of cocaine and an outstanding warrant for failure to pay child support.
Each of the following men were charged with solicitation of prostitution and use of a vehicle to promote prostitution:
- Ponciano Alvizo-Chavez, 47, of the first block of Soak Court in Newport News
- Michael Anthony Fauntleroy Jr., 22, of the 13000 block of Smiths Neck Road in Carrollton
- David Messick Jr., 54, of the first block of East Hill Court in Hampton
- Kevin Jerome Orange, 37, of the 1100 block of Oriana Road in Yorktown
- Matthew Thomas Parson, 32, of the 700 block of Bellows Way in Newport News
- Leo Lavar Vaughn, 34, of the 400 block of Youngs Mill Lane in Newport News
- An unidentified 29-year-old man’s name is being withheld due to an ongoing investigation. He was also charged with concealed weapon, possession of a firearm by felon, possession of a schedule I/II drug, possession of a firearm while in possession of a schedule I/II drug.
Information regarding suspected prostitution activities or any other criminal activity may be reported to police by calling Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP. Crime Line callers may remain totally anonymous, are never required to testify in court and could be eligible for a cash reward for information that leads to an arrest. Information may also be sent by text message to firstname.lastname@example.org.