Chesapeake, Va. – Fire and Rescue crews responded to an incident aboard a school bus carrying elementary school students Monday.
Crews were initially called to a bus fire in the 1800 block of Oliver Ave. around 8 a.m. When firefighters arrived, they determined there was not a fire but two children had been burned from a broken heater coil.
According to the fire department the two elementary age children were likely sprayed with coolant from a broken heater coil.
The children were scalded on their lower legs and had some blistering.
Both kids were transported to a hospital.