Newport News, Va. – The Newport News Fire Department responded to an apartment fire on Randolph Road just before 5:00 a.m. Tuesday morning.
Units arrived at 4:58 a.m. to find fire coming from the front door of the first floor unit.
Crews made entry and the fire was marked under control after approximately 30 minutes.
The cause of the fire was determined to be unattended cooking by the occupants.
Six people were displaced from two apartments as a result of the fire.
One firefighter suffered minor injuries and was treated on scene.
The Red Cross responded to assist any residents needing assistance with housing.