Closures on Kempsville Rd from Volvo to Greenbirer Pkwy until Wednesday afternoon. Detour via Volvo Parkway to Greenbrier Parkway
Coleman Bridge 11:30 AM
James River Bridge 8:00 PM
TERMINAL BOULEVARD RESURFACING PROJECT BEGINS June 3rd- Drivers should prepare for full directional closures on weeknights and weekends
Norfolk, Va. – The Terminal Boulevard Resurfacing Project is ready to begin in the City of Norfolk, near the Port of Virginia and Naval Station Norfolk. Full directional weeknight and weekend closures of Terminal Boulevard Eastbound (traveling from Hampton Boulevard towards I-564)
Full Directional Closure Work Hours:
8 p.m. to 5 a.m. weeknights
8 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday on weekends
Construction on Terminal Boulevard Eastbound (traveling from Hampton Boulevard towards I-564) will continue every weeknight and weekend until crews complete all work in that direction. Crews will then switch over and begin work on Terminal Boulevard Westbound (traveling from I-564 towards Hampton Boulevard) where full directional weeknight and weekend closures will continue until construction is complete in January of 2017.
- There will be no work on major holidays, and all lanes will be open during rush hour periods.
- Traffic will be detoured using I-564/Admiral Taussig Boulevard and Hampton Boulevard.
- Neighborhood access will be maintained via Diven St. or Meredith St. during full closures.
- Access to Ruthven Road (Sewells Point Golf Course) will be maintained.
HAMPTON ROADS WEEKLY LANE CLOSURE REPORT – May 27, 2016 through June 3, 2016
*There will be no lane closures along Hampton Roads Interstates from noon Friday, May 27, 2016 until noon Tuesday, May 31, 2016 for the Memorial Weekend Holiday*
- I-64 Widening Project, Newport News/York County: Single-lane closures eastbound and westbound May 31-June 2 as early as 8 p.m. until 5 a.m. the following morning. All work will take place between Camp Peary and Lee Hall, and one lane will remain open to traffic at all times. Please check http://i64widening.org for the latest closure/detour information.
- Elizabeth River Tunnels/Martin Luther King, Jr. Freeway: Please check Elizabeth River Tunnels website for the latest closure and detour information regarding the Downtown Tunnel, Midtown Tunnel and the MLK Freeway.
- I-564 Intermodal Connector, Norfolk: Please check http://www.i564intermodal.com/ for the latest closure/detour information.
- Terminal Boulevard Resurfacing, Norfolk: Full directional weekend consecutive closures eastbound (traveling from Hampton Boulevard towards I-564) as follows:
- Friday, June 3 to Monday, June 6 from 8 p.m. until 5 a.m. the following morning.
- I-64 Hampton Roads Bridge-Tunnel: Alternating closures eastbound and westbound. One lane will remain open at all times:
- Eastbound June 1-2 from 9 p.m. until 4:30 a.m. the following morning.
- I-664 Monitor-Merrimac Memorial Bridge-Tunnel: Alternating lane closures as follows. One lane will remain open at all times:
- Northbound/Southbound May 31 from 12 p.m. until 2 p.m. and June 1-2 from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m.
- I-564 Eastbound/Westbound, Norfolk: Daytime and night-time single-lane closures as follows. One lane will remain open at all times:
- Westbound June 2 from 9 a.m. until 2 p.m. at the I-564 Runway Tunnel.
- I-64 Westbound Willoughby Bay Bridge, Norfolk: Single-lane closures westbound May 31-June 2 from 9 p.m. until 5 a.m. the following morning. One lane will remain open at all times.
- I-64 Westbound, York County/James City County: Alternating lane closures westbound May 31-June 2 from 9 p.m. to as late as 6 a.m. the following morning between Camp Peary and the James City County Line. One lane will remain open at all times.
- I-64 Eastbound, York County: Single-lane closures westbound May 31-June 2 from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. the following morning between Camp Peary and Lightfoot. One lane will remain open at all times.
- VA-199 over College Creek Eastbound/Westbound, York County: Alternating lane closures as follows. One lane will remain open to traffic at all times.
- Eastbound May 31-June 2 from 7 p.m. until 6 a.m. the following morning.
- I-95 over Otter Dam Creek Northbound/Southbound, Emporia: Single-lane closures northbound and southbound June 1-3 from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. One lane will remain open at all times.
- I-95 Bridge Replacement over the Meherrin River Southbound, Emporia: Consecutive single-lane closures southbound as follows. One lane will remain open at all times:
- Southbound May 31-June 2 from 12 p.m. until 5 a.m. the following morning between Exit 13 and 11 at the Greensville County and Town of Emporia Line
- Route 301 Northbound, Greensville County: Left-lane consecutive closure on Route 301 northbound May 2-June 3. The right lane will remain open at all times.
- Route 680 over Stallings Creek, Isle of Wight County: Full consecutive closure on Route 680 over Stallings Creek for bridge replacement May 16 through June 2017.
- George Washington Memorial Highway (Route 17), York County: Crews are widening the road between Route 630 (Wolf Trap Road) and Route 706 (Hampton Highway). Daytime single-lane closures, from 9 a.m.to 3 p.m. and weeknight single-lane closures, from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m. Expect traffic shifts and delays. For more about this project, please visit the Route 17 Widening website.
Hampton Boulevard/ Brambleton Avenue: Single lane closure near the Brambleton Avenue overpass Wednesday through Friday, June 1-3 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. each day.