CHESAPEAKE ROAD WORK: Lane closures on Military Hwy
Triple Decker Bridge (S Military Hwy at Bainbridge Blvd) Tuesday, June 7 through Thursday, June 9 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. each day
The Bridges Division will close a single lane at Military Hwy at the Triple Decker Bridge (just east of the Gilmerton Bridge) on Tuesday and Wednesday and the ramp from eastbound Military Hwy to Bainbridge Blvd on Thursday for the annual bridge inspection. Closures will last from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. each day. Motorists should be alert to work crews, equipment in the area and possible delays.
North Landing Bridge (Mount Pleasant Rd) at 9:30 AM daily, extended openings, delays up to thirty minutes
TERMINAL BOULEVARD RESURFACING PROJECT
Norfolk, Va. – Full directional weeknight and weekend closures of Terminal Boulevard Eastbound (traveling from Hampton Boulevard towards I-564)
Full Directional Closure Work Hours:
8 p.m. to 5 a.m. weeknights
8 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday on weekends
Construction on Terminal Boulevard Eastbound (traveling from Hampton Boulevard towards I-564) will continue every weeknight and weekend until crews complete all work in that direction. Crews will then switch over and begin work on Terminal Boulevard Westbound (traveling from I-564 towards Hampton Boulevard) where full directional weeknight and weekend closures will continue until construction is complete in January of 2017.
- There will be no work on major holidays, and all lanes will be open during rush hour periods.
- Traffic will be detoured using I-564/Admiral Taussig Boulevard and Hampton Boulevard.
- Neighborhood access will be maintained via Diven St. or Meredith St. during full closures.
- Access to Ruthven Road (Sewells Point Golf Course) will be maintained.
HAMPTON ROADS WEEKLY LANE CLOSURES REPORT
June 3, 2016 through June 10, 2016
- I-64 Widening Project, Newport News/York County: Single-lane closures eastbound and westbound June 5-9 as early as 8 p.m. until 5 a.m. the following morning. All work will take place between Camp Peary and Lee Hall, and one lane will remain open to traffic at all times. Please check http://i64widening.org for the latest closure/detour information.
- Elizabeth River Tunnels/Martin Luther King, Jr. Freeway: Please check Elizabeth River Tunnels website for the latest closure and detour information regarding the Downtown Tunnel, Midtown Tunnel and the MLK Freeway.
- I-564 Intermodal Connector, Norfolk: Please check http://www.i564intermodal.com/ for the latest closure/detour information.
- I-64 Hampton Roads Bridge-Tunnel: Alternating closures eastbound and westbound. One lane will remain open at all times:
- Westbound June 5-9 from 9 p.m. until as late as 5 a.m. the following morning.
- Eastbound June 7-9 from 9 p.m. until as late as 5 a.m. the following morning.
- I-664 Monitor-Merrimac Memorial Bridge-Tunnel: Alternating lane closures as follows. One lane will remain open at all times:
- Northbound/Southbound June 7-9 from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m.
- I-64 HOV Reversible Roadway, Norfolk: The Reversible Roadway will be closed as follows. The ramps at the I-264 flyover and I-564 will remain open:
- June 8-9 from 9 p.m. until 4 a.m. the following morning.
- I-564 Eastbound/Westbound, Norfolk: Daytime and night-time single-lane closures as follows. One lane will remain open at all times:
- Eastbound June 8-9 from 7 p.m. until 4 a.m. the following morning at the I-564 East Runway Tunnel.
- Westbound June 9 from 9 a.m. until 2 p.m. at the I-564 West Runway Tunnel.
- I-64 Westbound, York County/James City County: Single-lane closures westbound June 5-9 from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. the following morning between Camp Peary and the New Kent County Line. One lane will remain open at all times.
- I-64 Westbound, Newport News: Single-lane closures westbound June 6-8 from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. the following at Lee Hall. One lane will remain open at all times.
- I-64 Eastbound, York County: Single-lane closures westbound June 6-8 from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. the following at VA-199 East. One lane will remain open at all times.
- I-64 Westbound, Hampton: Single-lane closures westbound June 6-10 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. between Mercury Boulevard and Big Bethel Road Overpass.
- I-95 Bridge Replacement over the Meherrin River Southbound, Emporia: Consecutive single-lane closures southbound as follows. One lane will remain open at all times:
- Southbound June 6-8 from 6 a.m. until 12 a.m. the following morning and June 9 from 6 a.m. until 5 a.m. the following morning between Exit 13 and 11 at the Greensville County and Town of Emporia Line.
- US-13 Northbound, Accomack County: Single-lane closures northbound June 6-10 from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. on US-13 northbound at Route 175. One lane will remain open at all times.
- Route 680 over Stallings Creek, Isle of Wight County: Full consecutive closure on Route 680 over Stallings Creek for bridge replacement May 16 through June 2017.
George Washington Memorial Highway (Route 17), York County: Crews are widening the road between Route 630 (Wolf Trap Road) and Route 706 (Hampton Highway). Daytime single-lane closures, from 9 a.m.to 3 p.m. and weeknight single-lane closures, from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m. Expect traffic shifts and delays.