NEWPORT NEWS, Va. – A house fire that happened Tuesday night was determined to have been sparked by a lightning strike.
Fire crews were called to the fire in the 100 block of Crafford Road shortly after 8 p.m.
When firefighters arrived, they found a vacant house fully engulfed in flames.
The fire was under control by 8:45 p.m.
No injuries were reported.
Wednesday morning, Fire Marshal’s Office investigators went back to the location and ruled the fire accidental, most likely due to a lightning strike.