News

Actions

Electric cord sparks mattress fire in attic of Norfolk home

Default-Image_1280x720.png
Posted at 12:55 PM, Jul 24, 2016
and last updated 2016-07-24 12:55:15-04

NORFOLK, Va. – Norfolk Fire-Rescue Units responded to a house fire in the 3600 block of Hyde Circle Sunday morning.

When units arrived, they saw light smoking coming from the eaves of a two story house.

The people inside of the home escaped before firefighters arrived.

Crews entered the house and found visible fire in the attic area. Firefighters were able to extinguish and contain the fire. It was deemed under control just before 10 a.m.

No one was injured.

According to a spokesperson for Norfolk Fire-Rescue, an electrical cord sparked a mattress fire in the attic.

No one was displaced by the fire.