News

Actions

Newport News toddler suffers severe burns after spilling boiling water on himself

Default-Image_1280x720.png
Posted at 7:56 PM, Aug 12, 2016
and last updated 2016-08-15 16:10:25-04

NEWPORT NEWS, Va. – A 3-year-old is in the hospital Friday night after tipping a pot of boiling water on himself.

The boy’s mother had a pot boiling in the kitchen and stepped away from it.

The toddler then was able to get a hold of the pot and spilled it on himself.

He suffered severe burns and was transported to the hospital.

According to police, the child is still in the hospital but is doing well as of Monday afternoon.

An investigation is ongoing by Child Protective Services and the Department’s Special Victim’s Unit.